What makes your heart sing?

Each passing day, we meet young women making an impact in their unique ways.

Today, we celebrate Nabukeera Leah Victoria, a woman of many hats, may her story inspire you to live up to your greatest potential.


Hello, Leah, it is great having you, so who is Leah?

Leah is an accountant, model, self-employed, pageant queen, pageant trainer,  fashion enthusiast, entrepreneur, and fashion lover. I own a business and a pageant.


Oh wow, we are curious,  what inspired you to be all these things?

She smiles,  I have always loved being unique, creating a difference, and leaving a mark. I love being remembered.

"Leaving a mark is a profound legacy, we would love to know, how are you working towards achieving that goal.

I left my accounting job in 2022 to follow my passion and business dream.  The latter is where my heart beats the loudest.

My business is called Full Bloom, it deals in jewelry and women's accessories. With my fashion aspirations, I complemented them with a beauty pageant.

Interesting, tell us about the beauty pageant.

The pageant's name is Miss Rotaract with a theme of beauty with a purpose. It is all about acknowledging beauty queens that are serving their communities. It officially began in 2022, we crowned our first queen and with the help of the Rotaract Club of Namasuba which I belong to, it was a success.



How do you choose the queens?

In pageants, we choose queens based on three things.  The age bracket, and their talents, they must be single too. We then train them in catwalk, how to pose, how to speak publically, and how to be a lady. This takes a while because most of them, are new to the pageant world.

Does the public play any contribution to the success of the beauty pageant?

Surely yes, voting links are shared with the public through social media for thirty days, the public is liberal to vote candidates of their own choice.

How was the pageant journey been for you?

The pageant journey has been fun and also challenging.  I was once part of Pageantry 2021. I came up as second runner up and I was excited. It exposed me so much and was so beautiful.  I faced challenges in learning how to walk as a Queen since I was not used to modeling. The voting process too was some good pressure. Sometimes I broke down and cried.

What are you most known for?

To be honest, I am mostly known for the pageant business compared to my business.



How do you strike a balance with all you are doing?

Well, I do planning and have an action plan.
 Pageants happen annually and not every day, with that I can know when to do them. However business happens every day. So am always engaged in it.


What gives you the greatest satisfaction as a pageant event organizer?

Hmmm, the youths that participate in these beauty pageants are more confident and many have inspired their fellow counterparts to build their careers too.


What advice do you have for young women that aspire to be like you?

 Your passion can never fail you. But one thing is to be careful who you choose to follow that passion with. Following your passion is always beautiful, you never get disappointed when it works out. You shine out there seeing the fruits of your hard work and persistence.

Thank you, Leah, for sharing your story with us, where can anyone interested in knowing more about you find you?

I am @nabukeeraleah on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and @leahsmalls on Snapchat.

Why do we find this story so inspirational?

Leah left her accounting job to follow her passion for the fashion industry and day by day, we hear similar stories. Everybody has been born with a seed of greatness to influence the world as the late Myles Munroe says. Leah's way is through the beauty pageants, what of you? What is your passion? What is that thing that fuels you?



Comments

  1. Wooow! Shine girl. You a true inspiration to many youths. The future is truly bright :-). I wish you all the best with future endeavors .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow this is amazing and inspiring story am so blessed to have you as my friend ihv learnt alot from you iwish u blessings to ur best carrier in this life 🙏🙏❣️❣️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your persistence, Zeal and curiosity. may good Lord continue to make u much stonger ti achieve all your desires and goals

    ReplyDelete
  4. 🔥🔥Wooow...... Amazing story

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inspirational story especially the young girls,keep up the good work Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that tell a story foundation reaches out to everyone and has given me this chance to bloom. I love you all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing and inspiring story. Thank you @Leah for sharing with the world

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful story dear, great to fall ur dream

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's incredible 😍

    ReplyDelete
  10. She’s very fabulous

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Set the world on fire

Road to Recovery